The effective way to prevent and treat some diseases is by strengthening the immune system and raising the defenses. How can you do it? increasing the consumption of foods rich in vitamins and minerals, reducing the consumption of sources of fat, sugar and ultra-processed foods that have colorings and preservatives
A healthy lifestyle in general turns out to be a good option to keep the body strong and resistant. In addition to eating healthy foods, it is necessary to stop bad habits such as smoking or consuming alcohol and practicing physical activity, maintaining the appropriate weight, sleeping 7 to 8 hours a night and avoiding stress. These recommendations should be maintained throughout your life, not only at times when you are sick or are weaker and can easily get sick.
Foods to raise the defenses
Foods rich in selenium, zinc, vitamins C and E, probiotics and rich in Omega 3 are the most indicated to increase the immune system, because they favor the production of defense cells more efficiently. Some examples are:
- Selenium: Brazil nut, wheat, rice, egg yolk, sunflower seeds, chicken;
- Zinc:oysters, shrimp, beef, chicken and fish, liver, wheat germ, whole grains, nuts;
- Vitamin C: orange, tangerine, pineapple, lemon, strawberries;
- Vitamin E:sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, peanuts, almonds;
- Probiotics: plain yogurt, kombucha and kefir-type fermented milk.
- Omega 3: sardine, salmon, tuna, chia and flaxseed.
If you need to strengthen your immune system, you should consume more of these foods daily and regularly, not only when you are already sick, but also to avoid getting sick again.
Natural remedies to increase defenses
A good way to improve the body's immunity naturally is to take a dietary supplement in the form of capsules, which can be bought in pharmacies or health food stores. Some examples are bovine colostrum, astragalus or astragalus seeds, perilla seed oil, and propolis extract.
Although they can be bought without a prescription, it is good to consult your doctor before ingesting them because taking these supplements in excess could be harmful to your health.
How to boost the immune system quickly
To increase the defenses quickly so that the body is stronger to combat aggressive agents, it is necessary to:
- Adopt good health habits, stay away from smokers, sleep properly, avoid stress;
- Exposing yourself to the sun in the morning, without sunscreen, in order to produce vitamin D;
- Eat healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables and legumes, preferably organic or produced at home without pesticides;
- Avoid fast food and industrialized food as much as possible;
- Take a food supplement to stimulate immunity;
- Do not take medications without the doctor's guidance;
- Improve intestinal health, fighting constipation;
- Drink about 2 liters of mineral or filtered water every day.
In addition to this, it is also important to avoid closed public places, such as shopping malls, theaters and cinemas, where there is less air circulation, and a higher probability of developing viruses and bacteria that may seem harmless to most of the population, but that cause serious complications in those with weaker immune systems.
Echinacea and the immune system
- 1 teaspoon of Echinacea root or leaves;
- 1 cup of boiling water.
Place 1 teaspoon of Echinacea root or leaves in a cup of boiling water. Let stand for 15 minutes, strain and drink 2 times a day.