First we will tell you what is the function of a conditioner, one of the complementary products of hair care shampoo.
Due to its properties, in general the conditioner strengthens the hair, it can solve problems such as dryness, flowered ends, hair loss, dandruff, and also adds shine and softness.
It also provides a significant amount of antioxidants, essential oils and amino acids that make hair look healthier.
Natural Herbal Conditioner Recipe to Strengthen Hair
We share a natural basic conditioner for all hair types that combines rosemary and apple cider vinegar.
The active compounds in this preparation nourish the roots of the hair and help in the treatment of dandruff and hair loss.
This preparation moisturizes and gives shine without causing dryness or excess oil production because it does not contain oils.
The properties of vinegar
Vinegar is a 100% natural product with acidic properties, which contributes to the regulation of the natural pH of the scalp. These properties prevent alterations in the activity of the sebaceous glands and retain natural moisture in the hair roots.
It also contains antifungal substances that help prevent the formation of dandruff or skin infections.
It adds shine to the hair and facilitates its combing.
The benefits of rosemary for hair
Rosemary is one of the herbs most used in hair health issues.
Its antioxidant properties promote detoxification of the scalp. Contains vitamin B3 that helps to strengthen blood vessels, improving circulation and preventing hair loss.
In addition, rosemary has disinfectant and antifungal properties. This helps control the growth of fungi and bacteria that proliferate on the scalp. Control dandruff and seborrhea.
How to make this herbal vinegar conditioner?
This recipe is ideal to restore the shine and softness of the hair in a natural, homemade, easy and economical way.
In addition, it helps reduce the accumulation of waste and dead cells that usually remain on the scalp.
• 5 tablespoons of fresh rosemary (50 g -or 25 g dry-)
• 2 cups of water (500 ml)
• 1 cup of apple cider vinegar (250 ml)
• 6 drops of rosemary essential oil (optional)
• 6 drops of peppermint essential oil (optional)
• Place the fresh rosemary and water in a pot.
• Boil for 30 to 40 minutes over low heat, covered. Thus, the properties of the herb will not be lost through steam.
• Strain the infusion through a fine mesh sieve and let the liquid settle.
• Add vinegar and essential oils when it is at room temperature.
• Stir with a wooden spoon and let it rest for 12 hours.
• Pour the conditioner into a spray bottle and store in a cool, dark place.
• After washing hair with solid shampoo, apply the product separating the strands of hair. Extend it with circular massages.
• No need to rinse. But if not, let it act for a few minutes and rinse with warm water.
• The vinegar smell that may be present evaporates after a while.